I know you all have seen my posts about Young Living…but what IS Young Living? I just got a new premium starter kit and I figured it was the perfect time to go into detail about what it is! A premium starter kit is your ticket into the Young Living world basically. They come with all of the essentials to get you going with oils. The premium starter kit starts at $160 and comes with 11 of our most popular and most used oils, a diffuser of your choice, some samples of our NingXia Red supplement (a.k.a. the holy grail supplement!) and a sample sachet of our Thieves cleaner (also a holy grail item- this is a staple in our household!).
Along with all of these goodies, you will also get a 24% discount for being a member and you will gain access to our online community that is full of resources!
So, the first question I’m sure you are asking is what ARE essential oils? Basically, essential oils are the most powerful part of the plant. Essential oils are distilled from a huge variety of different plants including shrubs, flowers, trees, fruit, rinds, resins, herbs and bushes.
- Frankincense: One of the top skin oils. Frankincense helps smooth the appearance of skin. A key ingredient in Young Living’s “Brain Power” essential oil blend. When diffused during prayer/meditation, Frankincense can help with grounding and purpose because of it’s grounding properties. Frankincense has quickly become one of my favorite oils and it is one that I use multiple times a day.
- Lavender: Probably my all time favorite oil. Known as the oil of relaxation. I diffuse it nightly for a calming, soothing aroma. Unwind by adding a few drops to a nighttime bath. One of the top oils to support healthy skin, I add a drop of this in my moisturizer and in my mascara to help with lash growth.
- Peppermint: Supports gastrointestinal comfort. Promotes healthy bowel function and enhanced healthy gut function. Helps maintain efficiency of the digestive tract. May support performance during exercise. It is also a nice additive into certain foods. I love adding a drop in my brownies or in my tea.
- Citrus Fresh: Diffuse to freshen the air and eliminate odors. I diffuse this when we cook dinners with strong aromas. I also keep a bottle in our laundry room! Use in a spray to enjoy an annoyance-free outdoor experience.
- Thieves: Helps support a healthy respiratory system and helps maintain overall wellness when taken as a dietary supplement. Add a drop to hot drinks for a spicy zing! This oil is in the cleaning line and you guys have all heard me rave about how much I love it!
- Stress Away: Promotes wellness and may be an important part of a daily health regimen. One of the top emotion oils! I have a bottle of this near every diffuser in the house and I carry the roll-on bottle with me at all times! I especially love rolling it on before work or before a big exam! It helps bring down my stress level a lot and it is really relaxing.
- Lemon: Its citrus flavor enhances the taste of food and water. A key ingredient in Thieves and NingXia Red. May help support the immune system. I almost always have a drop of this in my water every day!
- Pan Away: Apply after exercise to soothe muscles. Has a stimulating aroma. Apply to back and neck for a soothing aromatic experience. Supports the appearance of healthy skin coloration. This is like Icy-Hot but 10x better!
- Copaiba: Promotes overall wellness. Supports nearly every system in the body. Copiaba is also a great skin oil. When you have a little one that is teething, Copaiba is an amazing oil to use! I put a drop on Bennett’s gums and it seems to soothe him.
- DiGize: Top oil for supporting the digestive system. Add two drops, along with a drop of peppermint, to water for a stimulating beverage. Take in a veggie capsule internally. Use with Essentialzyme at every meal to support a wellness regimen.
- Raven: Supports a healthy respiratory system. Diffuse for a comforting aroma. Rub on feet and chest. Raven also encourages an atmosphere of comfort. This is a must have in those winter months when it seems like everyone is always getting sick!
- Some of the other goodies that come in the starter kit include two sample sachets of our NingXia Red supplement. You guys know I rave all about this drink and there isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t drink it. I love that it is included in the starter kits because you can try it out (and fall in love with it)! Another really awesome product that has been added to the starter kits is a sample sachet of our Thieves cleaner. This cleaner is amazing and the concentrate sachet is enough to make an entire bottle of cleaner!!! Once you start using this cleaner, you will never want to use anything else! I mix my Thieves cleaner in a glass spray bottle with a couple drops of lemon and fill the rest with water!