I wanted to share with you all a few of my favorite makeup products that I have been using lately and a makeup brush review on some super adorable rose gold Artis brush dupes that I found on Amazon (for under $12!!!). So, I know I am obviously no expert at applying my makeup, but I still enjoy shopping for and applying makeup every day. I find it really fun and its a lot of fun to experiment with different colors and products. Last month, I posted about my favorite drugstore makeup finds that I have found to be a pretty good dupe to some high end products. While I use those almost every day still, these products are the products that I really, really love!
- Dior Nude Air Foundation: Dior foundation is to die for and this one is no exception!! I’ve tried just a couple of the Dior foundations before, but this one is my favorite. Another foundation that I really like is the Airflash, but I don’t buy it as often because I don’t feel like you get enough in the bottle! The Nude Air, which can be found HERE, is the foundation that I have really been obsessing over lately. I actually use this layered with another foundation and it makes my foundation look flawless! A little bit of the Nude Air will go a long way! Just a drop or two on my face is all I have to use and it gives full coverage. Another major plus for me with this foundation is the scent. There is a light, almost floral, scent to this foundation that I absolutely love. I can smell it throughout the entire day and it is heavenly!
- CoverFX Natural Finish Foundation: This is the foundation that I use with the Nude Air! I got talked into buying this when I was at Sephora a few months ago. Honestly, I had never heard of the brand before and I was a little hesitant to try it, but I am so glad I did. It has a pretty thick texture to it, but like the Nude Air, I use just a little and it is amazing. I’m pretty sure this is the third tube (I think) that I have gone through in the last few months because I love it so much. Since I ended up loving this brand so much, I have a huge list of products that I want to try now!
- NARS Angelika Blush I honestly have been using this color since I was in middle school. I’m not sure why, but I just love this color. It is super pink and not a color that I would usually go for, but it adds a really pretty color to your face.
- Hourglass Ambient Strobe Lighting Powder: Seriously. This is my favorite highlight right now. Right now, I currently use the iridescent color, but I’ve swatched the other colors in store and they are all amazing. I use this daily, even when I am working at the hospital. I love it that much! A lot of the Hourglass products have a super pretty shimmer to them. I kind of just want to buy every. single. product!
- Chanel Les 4 Ombres Eyeshadow: I honestly might lose track if I try to count all of the eyeshadow palates that I have. Its kind of embarrassing, honestly. Even though I have 12875 palates, I find myself using this one the most. The colors are SO pretty and neutral. I use the #226 Tisse Rivoli colored one. If this palate ever gets discontinued, I really might cry. I cant go anywhere without this and I rarely go a day without wearing at least one of the colors.
- Kat Von D Tattoo Liner: This eyeliner might be the best eyeliner I have ever used. I mean, it literally lasted through labor! I wore this when I went to the hospital with Bennett and it didn’t smudge. Like what?! I tell seriously everyone that they need this eyeliner in their life. I refuse to use any other eyeliner since finding this!
Okay, so now for the brush review! Okay, so I have a (probably) unhealthy obsession of just browsing Amazon. I do it daily and I always come across so many cool things. I desperately needed some new makeup brushes and when I came across THIS rose gold set, I fell in love with them. They look pretty similar to the Artis brushes, but these are more than half the price than ONE of the Artis brushes. How does that even make sense?! I was so excited when I got these and literally took off my makeup just to reapply it with these brushes! These brushes are so soft and dense and they make your makeup have an airbrushed look. Overall, I was pretty impressed with them, especially for the price. These have totally replaced my old brushes and I use them daily. I don’t use all of them, like I haven’t really found a use for some of the smaller brushes yet. The larger ones are the ones that I use the most though. You can also buy a cute circular caddy to hold the brushes. I got THIS one (from Amazon as well, shocker!)
- The verdict:
- I LOVE these brushes! They are definitely worth the money and I feel like they are actually a pretty good quality brush. They are dense and fluffy and they give your face a flawless airbrush look.
- I would really recommend these to anyone looking to add some cute (and functional) brushes to their collection!
Hope you enjoyed this review and taking a peek into some of my go-to products lately!