Hey guys! Okay, so I just have to tell you all about my new skincare regimen that I have literally fallen in love with! Guys, I’m being serious when I say pregnancy changes your skin. Seriously. Like I didn’y even recongmise my own skin a few months ago. That, coupled with the fact that new mothers don’t know what a full night of sleep looks like anymore, is a recipe for *bad* skin. And I was NOT okay with that. So, I’m usually pretty skeptical when trying new skincare products so I bought a starter kit to make sure it would work for me. What can I say, my skin likes what it likes. With that being said, I recently bought THIS Tatcha bestsellers kit at Sephora and have been using it for close to two months now. It is honestly a little bit weird and new to me, so it took a few days to get the routine down. Tatcha bases their products off ancient Japenese skin care routines and let me tell you, it works. Ever since using these products, I have noticed that my skin is softer, smoother and the overall appearance looks brighter. Literally what else could you ask for when you are 21 years old?!
My nightly skincare regimen looks like this:
- PURE One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil
- This is the firststep to my skincare routine. You start with a dry face and dry hands and put a few pumps of the oil into your hands and gently massage it onto your face. You then rinse and keep your hands and face wet for the second step
- POLISHED Classic Rice Enzyme Powder
- *This* step was the one that really freaked me out when I started this regimen. It may just be me, but it was so weird to do this. After the cleansing oil has been rinsed off and with a wet face and wet hands, you pour out some of the rice enzyme powder onto your hands. When you rub them together, it turns into a foam that you then use as a regular cleansing foam on your face. GUYS this was so cool! It completely polishes your face and acts as a gentle exfoliator just enough to make your skin feel like a baby’s butt. (Trust me, I have a baby butt at home!!) You then rinse it off and pat your face dry
- Farsali Rose Gold Elixer *This one is NOT a Tatcha product*
- So this one is obviously not a Tatcha product, but I’m almost positive you’ve heard or seen it if you have an Instagram. People claim that this oil is the Holy Grail and honestly, I have to agree but I am partial to oils in the first place. Just a few drops of this before my moisturizer makes my skin sooo soft. I also put a drop or two on my lips and by the morning, my lips are so soft and smooth. Its iterally like this stuff is magic. I have also tried adding a few drops to my face before my primer in the morning when I do my makeup for a dewy look!
- The Water Cream
- Okay, honestly this stuff is so weird but so amazing!! It looks and feels like a typical moisturizer when you first apply it to your skin but as you are rubbing it in, it literally feels like it turns into water. Its such weird feeling but, as you can imagine, is intensely hydrating to your skin. It feels like I have 12 year old skin again and I loveit!
- LUMINOUS Dewy Skin Mist
- This step may or may not be necessary, depending on the level of dryness that your skin has. When I feel like I need just a little boost of hydration, I lightly mist my face with this and it seals in the moisturizer that I have just applied. Reviews have also stated that you can mist your face after you apply your makeup for a dewy look as well, but I haven’t tried it yet!
- LUMINOUS Deep Hydration Firming Eye Serum
- To be honest, I just started routinely using an eye serum at night. I felt like, even though my skin has completely changed, I still am only 21 years old and I felt honestly too young to be using an eye serum but I am so glad I have added this to my nighttime routine. I have noticed a huge change in the skin around my eyes and any fine lines that I *may or may not* have had, have disappeared.
There you have it! I think that I *personally* have found the fountain of youth at just 21 years old! Okay, so technically I am almost 22, but still! Feel free to message me with any questions you guys may have!
Until next time…