I know some of you readers have to wear business casual to work (I almost wish I had to also, but scrubs are so comfy) and I thought it would be helpful to do a post on attire. Personally, I love wearing business casual even just out and about. There is something about pairing a blazer with jeans that I just love. It is the perfect chic outfit and honestly, I wish I could wear it way more often than I do.
A few of my favorite business casual staples to have in the closet are: a blazer, slacks, some low heeled pumps, blouses and a nice pair of dark denim. These are all necessities in my mind and can be so versatile. I love how you can take some slack and add a slouchy white tee and totally dress it down. Or take some dark denim and pair it with a silk blouse for a dressier look. Another staple that I really like are mid-length pencil skirts. I think these can be so flattering and, if paired correctly, can make an outfit look amazing. Since it is summer time, I am going to link some fun outfits that are spring and summer friendly. These outfits can easily be worn around the year when a blazer is paired over the top though!
When I was growing up, my mom always had to dress nicely for work and I feel like a lot of the outfit looks that I like are inspired by outfits that she typically wears. Seriously, she is more fashionable than me most of the time. I keep telling her that she needs to make her own blog! Lol!
Stores that usually have the cutest business casual pieces are Loft, Nordstrom and Banana Republic. Express has some cute stuff too but it has been super hit or miss for me lately. If I am trying to find some good deals on clothing, Loft is usually my go-to. Especially recently with all of their sales! Some other places that sometimes have some really amazing business casual clothing are H&M and Target. As if we don’t already love Target enough?! I know it is kind of difficult to find super affordable pieces to add to your business casual wardrobe, but I tried to find some in the $20-$30 range that are versatile enough to be worn with countless outfits!
Here are a few of my faves lately
- H&M Satin Blouse: ($17.99) This blouse, especially in this olive color, is the perfect everyday top. It literally is so versatile and it can go with any outfit. I think this top would pair perfectly with the linen pants that are linked below!
- H&M Balloon-Sleeved Blouse: ($14.99) H&M never disappoints and this top is both cute and affordable! I think this could be a really cute work-to-going out top. It looks professional and appropriate for work, but it also would look super cute for after work happy hour drinks!
- Target Lace Tank Top: ($16.08) I think this makes for a great layering piece to wear under a blazer or jacket. The lace makes it dressier for work and it is versatile so it can be work at work or outside of work. Plus, at under $23, this top is a must have staple in any closet.
- Target Skinny High Rise Ankle Pants: ($24.99) These pants come in a few other colors and I think they are very flattering and form fitting for any body type. They are more dressy than some of the other pants but I feel like they could pair with a dressier top or a basic tee and still look cute and put together!
- H&M Ankle-Length Pants: ($34.99) I have always loved the style of these pants and I especially love the khaki color of these! They also come in black, which was super cute too. Some cute flats or smaller pumps would make these pants look really cute and I think a blazer over the top would complete the look for work!
- Old Navy Mid-Rise Wide-Leg Linen Pants: ($29.00) These could totally be worn on a causal Friday work day or for running errands. I love the look of these pants and while they are able to be dressed down a lot, I think they are also work-appropriate because of the wide leg. These would look super cute with some scrappy sandals or flats.
Typically, with business casual type of outfits, I like to pair pumps or a cute pair of flats with the outfits. I feel like some outfits are perfectly put together with a pair of pumps. I love these Rockstud dupes that are almost identical to the real deal!!! This pair of flats are cute and so are these to go with these outfits!
If I had to wear business casual on a regular basis for work, these outfits would be a few of my top picks. These outfits can be worn interchangeably and are so versatile. They can be dressed up or down and adding a cute blazer or cardigan over the top makes it doable for year round weather! Let me know what you guys think of these outfits and pairings.
Until next time…