I have something super exciting that I have been working on lately and it is something that I’ve really enjoyed doing. I recently purchased a box of goodies called the “Best Of Green Beauty” from a site called The Detox Market. The Detox Market is a health and wellness type store located in California and in parts of Canada. They sell natural beauty and supplements. Their website goes into detail about the list of ingredients that they do NOT use in any of their products. I thought this was pretty cool because I have been trying to detoxify my home and body from all of the toxic ingredients that are found in a ton of our every day items. In the “Best Of Green Beauty” box, all of the products are vegan and cruelty free, which I really liked seeing when I bought it.
The Detox Market sells a huge variety of brands. Some that I had heard of before, some that I had used before, but most of them were brands that I had never heard of. Initially, I was going to order “The Detox Box” which is a subscription box that features a certain brand each month. I came across the “Best Of Green Beauty” box and decided that was going to get me the most for my money! Not to mention, when I purchased my box, they were running a special for another bundle (valued at $190) if you spent $190. The “Best Of Green Beauty” box was just under $150, so I threw in a couple of other items so I could get the “Crazy In Love” bundle. I’m literally so excited to review these two!
The “Best Of Green Beauty” includes:
- Odacité: Green Ceremony Cleanser: (Valued at $55) Okay, so when I first opened this, I totally thought it was a supplement because it looks and smells exactly like matcha (It does actually contain matcha and spirulina). It comes with a little scoop (another reason hy I thought it was a supplement) and a muslin cloth that you are supposed to use to take off the product. The instructions say to pour a scoop into your hand and add water to make a foam. I actually really liked this cleanser. It’s pretty similar to the Tatcha cleansing powder that I use right now. This cleanser made my face really smooth and soft afterwards. Personally, I could probably use it without the muslin cloth, but either way the cleanser was a win for me!
- Josh Rosebrook: Hydrating Accelerator: (Valued at $20) Normally, I really suck at incorporating a toner into my skincare regimen but I wanted to give this one a try. It made my face feel tighter for sure, but I haven’t used it enough to see any real differences yet.
- MV Skincare: Rose Soothing and Protective Moisturizer: (Valued at $135!) I was probably most excited to try this! I love literally all things rose and the fact that this was a full sized bottle pretty much sold me. Especially since this moisturizer is only a few dollars less than this entire box! After using this, I found that little bit goes a long way with this, which is slightly devastating given the price tag. Even though I used way too much, it still felt really light on my skin. This is for sure a product that I will be buying after I run out! It is really hydrating and, of course, smells amazing. Plus, rose has some great benefits for your skin.
- The Beauty Chef: Collagen Inner Beauty Boost: (Valued at $16) I’ve posted about this supplement before, and absolutely love it! It worked out perfectly actually because I was running low on the bottle of this that I had. I’ve really noticed that my hair appears healthier since I have started using this collagen supplement.
- RMS Beauty: Vintage Cake Liner: (Valued at $24) So, I honestly haven’t used this and I probably won’t use it since I don’t really have a use for it. However, I think it may make a good eyeliner.
- Lily Lolo: Natural Vegan Mascara: (Valued at $20) I love a good mascara and its an added bonus if it’s vegan. I was so excited to try this and it has been really nice so far. It stays on all day for me and doesn’t flake off! Major plus!
- Soapwalla: Sensitive Skin Deodorant Cream: (Valued at $16) I was super excited about this because I have been using natural deodorants for about a year now but I have never heard of this brand. I currently use Schmidt’s Naturals and I like it but am always up for trying out new brands. This one smells amazing. It has lavender and mint and it worked all day for me. I wore this all weekend to test it out and I was impressed with how well it worked! I just wish it came in a stick form instead of in a tin.
- Rahua: Shampoo + Conditioner: (Valued at $16.50) One thing that I can’t seem to go natural with it my hair care so I was really excited to try this brand. I color my hair and I have always been super cautious to use anything that is not mean for color protection but this shampoo and conditioner made my hair really soft. I might have to look into their other products because I was pretty impressed with this duo!
- Davids: Natural Toothpaste: (Valued at $7.95) This toothpaste looks really silly because it comes with a “turning key” that you use to turn the tube. Right now, I am using Young Living’s Thieves toothpaste so I’m used to the feel of natural toothpaste. This smells really nice and I think it works pretty well also!
So far, I have really enjoyed the items in this box. I felt like I got a lot for the price that I paid and I’ve found a use for all of the products so far. Now, for the “Crazy In Love” bundle (that I got for FREE!)
The “Crazy In Love” bundle includes:
- Captain Blankenship: Mermaid Sea Salt Hair Spray: (Valued at $24) I haven’t really found a use for this yet because my hair is so short and thin but I think I might try it this weekend if I curl my hair or something and see how I like it!
- Bkr: Water Bottle in ‘Bambi’: (Valued at $38) I have been eyeing these water bottles since I saw a crazy cute spiked on at Sephora last month. These bottles are glass which is awesome because I can add a drop or two of some Vitality Essential Oil into it! I love adding flavor to my water and essential oils are the best (& healthiest) way to do so.
- Olverum: Bath Oil: (Valued at $12) Honestly, I don’t take baths very often so I haven’t been able to use this oil yet but it smells amazing!!! I might have to find time (between nursing school and having a toddler, LOL!) to take some me-time and take a bath soon to try it out.
- Kahina Giving Beauty: Argan Oil: (Valued at $15) You guys all know I love my face oils so I was excited to try this oil! I’ve used the Josie Maran argan oil before and absolutely loved it. This oil was lightweight and felt great on my skin. I loved the way that it was super hydrating but didn’t make me feel oily.
- Erbaviva: Relax Body Lotion: (Valued at $28) This lotion smells so good. It is the ‘relax’ scent and used it after my shower before bed the other day. It feels really good on your skin as well.
- Goop: Exfoliating Instant Facial: (Valued at $37) Not gonna lie, I’ve been stalking the Goop website and GP is the one who got me into all of this natural living stuff. I was SO excited to actually try one of her products and this instant facial did not disappoint! It feels pretty tingly when you apply it and it left my skin sooo smooth. I was kind of surprised and I’m probably going to end up buying the full-sized version when I run out.
- W3ll People: Nudist Multi-Use Cream Stick: (Valued at $23.99) Typically, I don’t really go for cream blush sticks because I feel like I always end up using way too much. This stick is really creamy and goes on well. It also has a really pretty peach color to it. Surprisingly, I liked this stick a lot and have been wearing it all week.
- HUM Nutriton: Killer Nails: (Valued at $20) I may or may not have been stalking the HUM Nutrition website lately contemplating which supplements to try. There is a lot of hype around this brand lately. I started taking this the other day, but, like all supplements, I can’t really say whether or not it works since I haven’t used it long enough. I’ll definitely check back with you all when I notice a difference and give another review of it! In order to reach the $190, I had to add a few items to the “Best Of Green Beauty” box and I added another HUM Nutrition supplement. I’ll review both in a different post after I’ve given them some time to work!
Can you believe I got ALL OF THAT for just $190?! I’m still kind of in shock, also! Since I have had such a good experience with buying from The Detox Market so far, I will definitely be ordering from them again. Hopefully they will do a similar bundle soon so that you all can in on this natural health and beauty. I kind of like getting boxes like these! Send any other suggestions my way and I’ll do a review!