The secret to the Kansas City fall season? Layers. Need I say more? KC weather will start out cool in the mornings, maybe 40-50 degrees, but by the end of the day? Its a good 75-80 degrees. KC fall fashion is some of my favorite fashion and more often than not, I wish that it could be fall all year round. With the leaves changing, PUMPKIN EVERYTHING and crisp air, fall is just all around an enjoyable time of the year.
To survive a fall in KC you must have these items
- A basic white button down. This can pair well with just about anything
- A cardigan. Typically, I tend to like more slouchy and slightly baggy cardigans, but in all honesty, any cardigan will do. You can NEVER go wrong with a cardigan
- A basic tee (DUH!) A basic tee, literally any style and literally any color, is a staple in a layering outfit. Which is why you need about 50 of them. You’ll wear them every single day. A few of my faves are the lace up tees and distressed tees. To me, they just add a cute, edgy touch to the outfit.
- Scarves! Okay, I’m going to be honest, during the fall and especially during the winter, I LIVE in scarves. That is not even an exaggeration. Scarves, kind of like the basic tees, are staples to layering outfits. And then when you pair a scarf with a tee and a cardigan or moto jacket…you have the PERFECT outfit
- Speaking of moto jackets, I firmly believe that every girl should have AT LEAST one moto jacket in their wardrobe. Talk about making an outfit edgy! Moto jackets can made an outfit and the fact that they are so versatile makes it so much easier to layer with. Same goes for bombers as pictured below. I’m a big fan of jackets and think that they can add a whole new dimension to an outfit. Something as simple as this can make your entire outfit look more put together
- Boots. Another DUH, but boots are so needed. Booties, knee-high, over the knee, wedge boots, flat boots, you name it. Boots are always a necessity and can be one of those items that really make or break an outfit.
Now that we have some of the essentials down, some outfits that I would pair together could be:
- Distressed denim with a basic tee, a moto jacket, scarf and booties OR
- Black denim with a sweater, moto jacket and over the knee boots OR
- Olive denim with a white button down, a cardigan, a scarf and booties OR
- A sundress with a cardigan and knee high boots
Literally, the possibilities are endless and layering is a such a cute way to express yourself (while also making sure that you don’t pass out from the heat in a KC afternoon)
If you head over to sincerelyellis.com and check out their SUPER adorable fall fashion line, full of layering pieces that will make ANY outfit cute, you can use my code MADISON15 to get a 15% discount off your order! I have recently become a brand ambassador for a local KC boutique (that is rapidly growing!!!) and I would love if you guys were to head over there and shop their amazingly cute line of fall fashion.